We’ve got your back (and bum) covered, and that’s why we’ve put this handy sofa care guide together! Find out everything from how to wipe off a spill to how to plump your cushions to ensure that your sofa keeps you comfortable.
Keeping up appearances
- Regularly clean with your vacuum curtain attachment (the one with a lint-catching fabric strip) or a lint roller to stop dust build up. This will keep the colour from dulling over time, too!
- Try to keep your sofa away from direct sunlight, and not too close to heat sources, as this can cause fading.
- Place your sofa on level flooring to avoid rocking and damaging the frame.
- Make sure you don’t drag your sofa around and lift instead.
- Pop some little soft foot pads on for them to wear so that they don’t damage your floors. Sofa socks!
- We like to keep our products as green and environmentally friendly as possible, so we're not fans of strong chemicals and household detergents.
- If you use a specialist cleaning product, do a sneaky patch test in a hidden area first to avoid marking or staining.
- A bit of gentle teasing will calm the pile back into position. Give it a little pamper session by dampening the scratch and brushing it with a stiff clothes brush to put the pile back into place.
- Hairdryers at the ready! Not quite, but finish off with a blast of the vacuum.
- Read more about our pet friendly sofas on our blog
- Fabric looking a little bruised on opening? It’s just from boxing up and will be back to normal before you know it!
- If your sofa feels a bit firm for the first few weeks, do not fear! Like a new pair of jeans, your sofa needs to be worn in... and once it is, you are guaranteed to discover a new realm of cosy.
- You might notice some folds forming over time. This is known as a 'puddling' effect and is to be expected in all good quality fabric as it matures with use. We suggest playing a few games of musical chairs so that the furniture wears evenly.
Want to see and touch our fabrics in person?
- Practise your plumping skills daily and keep your sofa cushions looking in tip, top shape. *Note - it’s a great workout, too!
- Give them a regular flip, flop and turn, and keep them looking nice and even.
- Oh, and bums on seats please! Perching on the edge of the cushions can cause them to sag and lose their shape over time.
Now go and get your snug on! Don’t worry about life’s little spillages, hurdles and ups and downs - just like you, your sofa can handle it.
Want to know even more? Check out our Sofa Buying Guide to get your fill.